Project 365 #4

Hello readers and welcome to another week of #project365.  This is still a work in progress for me, and I’m already getting frustrated that I haven’t got a DSLR.  I can see a purchase being very imminent.

I’ve got my eye on a Nikon that looks perfect for a beginner like me.  If you have any suggestions though, please feel free to leave them in the comments as I kn ow nothing at all about camera buying.  I can see I’ll be attending a course on photography before the year is out.

But without further ado, here’s my week in photo’s.

Day 18/365 Dark

Dark

We were lucky enough to get away this weekend for some outdoor fun.  We were staying in a lodge on the edge of Sherwood Forest.  It was pretty dark when we arrived, and the cabins were literally surrounded by trees.  It was very atmospheric.

Day 19/365 Slide

Active Holiday

The next morning, Princess and I went to explore the holiday park.  It’s well documented throughout this blog how much she loves the slide so when she found the adventure playground this was her first port of call.  It wasn’t very slidy, so here she is perfecting a technique to give her some speed.

Day 20/365 Balancing

Toddler Holiday

The next day we ventured to Sherwood Pines, which we all loved exploring.  The Gruffalo trail is based here, but there are also bikes to hire, Go Ape and play areas for smaller children.  I liked this shot of Princess concentrating on balancing on the wooden worm feature.

Day 21/365

Major Oak Sherwood Forest

On our final day we went to Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre to visit the Major Oak and the Robin Hood exhibition.  It was a glorious walk through the forest to this magnificent tree.  I was a lovely bright crisp day, and we all loved being in the fresh air.

Day 22/365 Together

Together

Today we were back at home and things were back to normal.  Not very often are they so quiet and content indoors, this is a very rare moment.

Day 23/365 Grey

Grey weather

It was really grey and damp in Nottingham this week, and it had put me off going out for a walk.  However, the fear of cabin fever was far worse so we headed of round the park despite the grim conditions.

Day 24/365 Chaos

mess

Someday’s, Mummy needs to have a bit of a lie in.  Having not had a full uninterrupted nights sleep in oh so long, every now and then it catches up with her.  Today was one of those days so Daddy bought the girls down for breakfast.  This was the scene of chaos I was greeted with when I surfaced.  Coffee was required before tidying up was attempted with toddler assistance.

How was your week?  Have you tried to capture the ordinary and not so ordinary moments of your life, how’s it going?

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

Zena

Zena is a 40ish year old Mum with 3 kids who is keen to pursue her passion for travel despite being a busy parent. She’s also partial to coffee and chocolate.

1. January 24, 2015 / 11:12 pm

What lovely photos – it looks like you had a great break. The 4th photo is my favourite. Ross got me my DSLR for Christmas. It was a Canon EOS1200D double lens pack. I have moved onto manual now – and this is partly down to the free app with tutorials specifically for this model. He was going to get the Nikon for me but the people he was trying to buy it from were being really difficult! He told me that he looked at loads of reviews and the Nikon and the Canon were very comparable. I originally wanted a Nikon but I love the Canon – really happy with it. I hope that helps x
    Verily Victoria Vocalises recently posted…Project 365 – 18th to 24th January 2015My Profile

2. January 24, 2015 / 11:32 pm

Some great photos here! I have a Canon DSLR but my dad has a Nikon and I think they’re both just as good – it just depends which one you prefer. Go and have a play with some in a shop first!
    Hayley recently posted…Fashion: Clothes Show Live 2014My Profile

3. Granny
    January 24, 2015 / 11:38 pm

Have you considered a bridge camera as opposed to a DSLR? There are pros and cons for both, but The Beloved (loves photography, hates technology) decided, after extensive research that the bridge was easier to operate, cheaper, and gave fabulous results. Having seen what he has produced – on our cruise around snowy mountains, macro pics of wildlife, and arty portraits – I’d have to agree. Worth reading up tons of reviews before spending lots of dosh.

4. January 24, 2015 / 11:40 pm

I have a Nikon D3100 which I got a couple of months ago and I have just started some photography lessons which have really helped, I think there is a newer model out but I got mine for a bargain on eBay. Good luck with whatever you choose. Your break away looks absolutely beautiful and so what to the lazy day after; I think you need it when you’ve been away or had a busy few days! Xx
    rachelreallife recently posted…Project 365 Week 4My Profile

5. January 24, 2015 / 11:54 pm

I really like that first photo, and the slide one. I use my iPhone for all my photos… but we do have a Nikon DSLR. It’s just to big to carry around with me, and as I often hear said, the best camera is the one you have with you. Having said that, I am starting to think about looking at smaller/more compact bridge cameras as possibly being a good compromise…
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…Silent Sunday: 25 January 2015My Profile

6. January 25, 2015 / 11:27 am

Lovely photos, I love the slide one!
    My living room frequently looks like the last photo, I totally know what you mean about lack of sleep catching up and the lie in is worth the mess hehe
    Jenni – Odd Socks and Lollipops recently posted…Silent Sunday – 25/01/2015My Profile

7. January 25, 2015 / 11:05 pm

Yikes! I feel normal now having our living room in a chaos…I mean our house. lol
    I love the outdoor photos! xx

8. January 29, 2015 / 1:51 pm

You have some excellent photos the action on that slide shot is brilliant.

I run a photography linky over on my blog, photo of the week, I’d love it if you linked up some time 🙂
    Ashley Beolens recently posted…Photo of the Week #30My Profile