My girls really love making crafts. When we are at home, setting up a craft for them helps to keep them busy for a while. They love being creative and enjoy the sense of achievement they get when they have completed a piece of art. This easy Christmas tree paper plate craft is something we are going to enjoy making for the entire festive season so I thought I would share it with you too. It took me about 10 minutes to set up and the girls really enjoyed making their decorative paper plates.
What Do You Need
- Paper plates
- Coloured paper – green, red, brown or whatever you have
- Pom poms
- PVA glue or glue sticks
- Coloured pens – glitter pens work really well
Christmas Tree Paper Plate Craft Instructions
1. Cut out some triangle shapes from a few paper plates.
2. Cut some shapes from the coloured paper. You will need strips to make the Christmas tree, some squares to make presents to go under the tree and a trunk or pot for the base of the tree.
3. All the kids will need to get started now is some PVA glue or glue sticks, some pom poms and some pens for decorating.
4. Turn the paper plate over to the back and paint some glue around the edges. Then place some strips of coloured paper from one side to the other.
5. Turn the plate over to the front and glue on some pom poms for Christmas baubles and a trunk on the bottom. Your Christmas tree paper plate is starting to take shape!
6. Add some square shapes that you made from the coloured paper along the bottom to make the presents under the Christmas tree. The kids might like to decorate the presents with glitter pens.
7. Your easy Christmas tree paper plate craft is complete and just needs to be left to dry before putting on display or using as a Christmas decoration.
Are you planning to make some Christmas crafts with the kids? Make sure you pin this idea for later!
It would make my day if you would share this Christmas craft with your friends and followers to enjoy too.