Our Dream Pet Makes It All Better With Petplan

My 3 year old daughter has been ill for weeks in one form or another.  As soon as the cold weather set in so did the winter bugs and it’s been relentless.  She’s had every kind of cold you can think of from lingering and chesty to dry and tickley.  In between we’ve also had the odd tummy bug, as those pesky germs get everywhere don’t they.

Spike and dragon drawing

Her dream pet arrived at the house just in time to help her through what has been a particularly rubbish few weeks.  He was created after we talked about what kind of pet she would like if she could have anything she liked.  Our discussions led us to the very colourful and imaginative dragon pet, which may have been inspired by a very famous pony’s dragon, called Spike.  If you have young children at home I think you might have an inclining of the carton I’m talking about.

dragon pet toy

The dragon pet has been Brook’s best friend these last few weeks, especially on sofa days when she’s not felt at her best.  She seems to love him that little bit more because Petplan had him made just for her.  She knows he’s the only dragon pet like it, and that’s what makes him very special to her.  Also the fact that he’s super soft and snuggly helps too.  I’ve been told he gives great cuddles!

child sitting with dragon toy

Pet Insurance from Petplan

Petplan know that when our animals get sick, it can be a really scary time.  My daughter can tell me where it hurts and we can usually figure out which medicine is going to make her feel better.  With our pets, it’s not quite as straight forward.

Estabilshed since 1976, Petplan have been caring for the nations pets and giving their owners peace of mind with their compressive insurance policies and excellent customer service record.  Pet insurance from Petplan will let you claim year after year for long term health conditions with their range of lifetime policies.  If you are looking for something more flexible for short term conditions then the 12 month policy option could help you manage certain conditions.

Here’s some of the other benefits of using Petplan pet insurance:

• Vet is paid for treatment directly
  • Most claims settled within 5 working days
  • Premiums are not increased because you made a claim
  • Multipet cover is available

If our dragon pet was real, we would certainly be looking to Petplan to find the most appropriate pet insurance policy to cover him in case he became ill.  We would hate to be worried about paying for his care at a time when we were worried about his health too.  We can see why responsible pet owners opt for a Petplan policy to care for the animals in their life.

child cuddling toy

Thanks so much to Petplan for bringing our dream pet to life, as he’s certainly helped our daughter feel better these last few weeks while the winter bugs have been working their way through the house.  If you’d like to find out who’s been making Indie feel better during cold and flu season, you can meet her rabbi-horse from Petplan here.

This post has been possible thanks to Petplan , but all thoughts are my own.

Please follow and like us:
Zena

Zena is a 40ish year old Mum with 3 kids and UK travel blogger who is keen to pursue her passion for exploring despite being a busy parent. She’s also partial to coffee and chocolate.

1. December 11, 2017 / 2:20 pm

Can’t speak highly enough about Petplan. We’ve used it for tens of thousands of pounds worth of claims for our dog!

2. December 11, 2017 / 4:17 pm

This teddy idea is so sweet, I would have loved to be able to design my own when I was a kid!

3. Margaret Gallagher
    December 11, 2017 / 7:57 pm

So CUTE always great to have a special friend too – makes everything seem better

4. December 11, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Oh I love that her drawing came to life, that’s amazing. Petplan are a great brand.

5. December 11, 2017 / 10:50 pm

Oh bless Brook I am so so sorry to hear that she has been feeling unwell but I am glad that she has her dragon pet from petplan to help her feel better x

6. December 11, 2017 / 10:56 pm

Ah what a lovely idea for children. We don’t have a pet at the moment but I am slowly being convinced on a dog, so I’ll definitely bear this in mind when we get to that point.

7. December 12, 2017 / 7:15 am

Aww, sorry to hear she has been poorly, hope she is feeling better soon. What a lovely idea.

I really need to start thinking about pet insurance for my Mollie, something that we keep thinking about but never got around too.

8. December 12, 2017 / 9:50 am

Oh how blinking cute! I’m guilty of not having Petplan on our cat Willow , I really should look into it x

9. December 12, 2017 / 9:57 am

These winter bugs are a flipping nightmare! Bless her. Love the dragon pet, such a lovely idea! x

10. December 12, 2017 / 12:14 pm

Ah he’s very cute and I bet she was chuffed to pieces to see him come to life. What a lovely initiative

11. December 12, 2017 / 4:35 pm

Eliza loves Spike and I love Brooke’s impression of him. I think he is going to be very well loved

12. December 12, 2017 / 8:24 pm

I’d love to bring my dream pet to life! What a novel idea. He looks like he’s settled in well 😉 x

13. December 13, 2017 / 3:24 pm

How amazing that Brook got to bring her dream pet to life! I hope he continues to make her feel better 🙂

14. February 6, 2018 / 8:28 am

The teddy idea is brilliant! I may look into doing one with my son when he’s old enough (he’s 13months now) – it’s just so great to see something in their imagination come to life! I had never heard of it before!

I’m also guilty of not having any kind of plan in place for my cats. I had one for my cat while I lived in Canada, but when we moved to Europe I didn’t find one here – but I will need to do some looking around! I hope I can find a PetPlan alternative because it sounds like a great system!