Help TKMaxx Give Up Clothes For Good

When my teen went back to school a few weeks ago, we received the usual letters home asking for us to provide emergency contacts and details of information evenings that were planned.  The usual stuff that kids and parents have to sort at the beginning of school.  There was another letter though, that wasn’t the usual kind of letter the school send out.  It was something we hadn’t had to think about before.

#giveupclothesforgood

Parents were being asked to get in touch with the school if their child became poorly with certain illnesses, like chicken pox and shingles.  This year they had a pupil at the school who was receiving treatment for cancer and if they caught these illnesses they could become very unwell while they were undergoing their treatment.  This wasn’t the usual stuff parents think about when going back to school.

This is the closest I’ve ever come to kids’ cancer, and it really bought it home to me that this is something that happens to many families across the UK.  Treatment has come a long way to allow children to carry on as normal a life as possible while they are receiving care for cancer, all thanks to the research carried out by charities like Cancer Research UK Kids and Teens.  When something like this touches your life, if only on the periphery, the urge to help and do something practical is overwhelming.

We are always bagging up clothes for charity, and we will be taking our latest sacks into our local TK MAXX store to support it’s GiveUpClothesForGood campaign.  I think every family in the UK has a good clear out a good few times a year, if we all sent a bag of clothes to TK MAXX to help fight children’s cancer we would raise around £740 million to help these brave children battle this awful illness. That’s a win all around isn’t it?

We are winning the battle against children’s cancer everyday, 8 out of 10 children survive, compared to 2 out of 10 children in the 1970s.  It would be amazing to see all children survive cancer wouldn’t it?  Donating a bag of clothes is a really easy thing you can do to support the Give Up Clothes For Good campaign and help even more kids, like the one at our school, fight cancer.

Help TKMaxx #giveupclothesforgood all year round to support Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens #charity Click To Tweet

You can find out more about the Give Up Clothes for Good campaign which is running all year long and where you can find your local TKMAXX store here:  http://www.tkmaxx.com/page/storelocator

This is a sponsored post

Zena

Zena is a 40ish year old Mum with 3 kids who is keen to pursue her passion for travel despite being a busy parent. She’s also partial to coffee and chocolate.

1. October 2, 2015 / 12:07 pm

I had to skim through this, sorry…the word alone brings me to tears as lost a family member recently to it. It does sound like a good cause though! Would hand all my unwanted items to the charity.
    Lorraine recently posted…Blogtober challenge!!! Here’s DAY ONE!!!My Profile

2. October 2, 2015 / 12:29 pm

What a great cause! It’s so sad to hear about children with cancer – you’re right, it’s not something talked about often. I hope the little boy at school manages to fight the cancer and gets well again!
    Laura Hartley recently posted…IMPORTANT REASONS WHY I FEEL TRAVEL MATTERSMy Profile

3. October 2, 2015 / 4:30 pm

What a great campaign! I will be sharing the link far and wide.

4. October 2, 2015 / 7:33 pm

Great campaign – my eldest daughter had a friend with cancer when she was 16 – it was a massive shock to everyone. Their school did the same regarding informing all parents. The girl is doing well, thank goodness. Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Fab Five for Friday 3rd Birthday WishlistMy Profile

5. October 2, 2015 / 7:48 pm

What a fantastic campaign, I need to have a clear out of my clothes but never got around to it as didn’t know what to do with them. Now I do! x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Losing a tooth – then vs nowMy Profile

6. October 4, 2015 / 9:37 am

I’ve seen this campaign as we have several TK maxx’s nearby, It’s a great incentive and for a fantastic cause. Great write up x
    Kirsty recently posted…A Taste of BristolMy Profile

7. October 4, 2015 / 10:10 am

What a fantastic idea. We give some of the kids old stuff to charity so will definitely look into doing this next time we have a bag full.
    Rachel @ Parenthood Highs and Lows recently posted…PlaygroupMy Profile

8. October 4, 2015 / 6:50 pm

That’s the type of information you get and it really makes you realise what some people have to go through, and all of a sudden your lifes little concerns seem like nothing!

I hope this raises lots and lots of money to continue to help families like these!

– A
    A recently posted…A Pale Girls Guides To Fake TanningMy Profile

9. October 4, 2015 / 7:14 pm

What a great cause – we are always getting rid of clothes I’ll have to send some there.

10. October 4, 2015 / 8:14 pm

A fantastic cause that I would be proud to represent, it is wonderful to do something good for those who are suffering.
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Pulse Clinic: A ReviewMy Profile