Mind Blowing Night Out With Cirque Du Soleil

I have wanted to know what a show like Cirque Du Soleil is like for a long time, so when I got the chance to go down to the opening night of their latest show, Varekai at Nottingham’s Motorpoint Arena I literally jumped at the chance.  If I could sum up my night in one word it would have to be EPIC!  Cirque Du Soleil know how to put on a show, and I was literally mesmerised from beginning to end.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure what to expect from Cirque Du Soleil.  Of course, I knew there would be acrobatics etc, but after that I have to confess I didn’t know much about it.  I was lucky enough to be able to go along with my sister, who’s a seasoned Cirque Du Soleil fan, and this was her third show.  She was able to fill in some of the gaps for me.

As soon as Varekai started I knew it was going to be quirky, from it’s elaborate scenery and out of this world costumes.  What really took me by surprise was the element of comedy that they bought to the show.  Cirque Du Soleil manage to marry some incredible stunts with slapstick comedy incredibly well giving the show a true circus feel.

Varekai was an elaborate masterpiece based around the forest and the elements, with costumes and music representing air, earth, water and fire.  I really enjoyed this organic theme as it bought lots of light and shade to the overall performance.

The choreography was simply stunning, with plenty of heart stopping moments through out the 2 hour extravaganza including an epic tumbling routine, mind blowing baton twirling and a graceful and daring trapeze performance.  Bearing in mind there are no nets or no harnesses  it really is a jaw dropping show from beginning to end.

The finale is really quite spectacular, and the talent of Cirque Du Soleil really comes to life as the performers jump through the air between moving swings and canopies.  The whole arena was entranced in a complete sense of aw.  It was truly breathtaking.

So, now I do know what Cirque Du Soleil is like.  I can only describe it as an evening of jaw dropping and spine tingling entertainment in a complete world of it’s own.  If Varekai, or any other Cirque Du Soleil show is coming to an arena near you, book some tickets.  I promise you won’t be disappointed.

We were provided with complimentary tickets to see the Cirque Du Soleil show, Varekai at Nottingham’s Motorpoint Arena in return for this review, but all thoughts an opinions are our own.

Zena Goldman

Zena Goldman is a UK based travel, family & lifestyle blogger who left her 9-5 job behind in the not-for-profit sector to follow her creative dreams and enjoy a more flexible family life. She began writing Zena’s Suitcase in 2011 and shares the holidays and adventures she goes on with (and without) her 2 young daughters. She wishes her son would join them more often but he’s carving out his own dreams now and enjoying university life. Since beginning Zena’s Suitcase she has worked with a number of brands and also has a regular monthly feature in the ASDA Good Living Magazine feature, ‘Ask The Expert’ where she shares helpful parenting tips. In 2018 she was also a finalist in the prestigious BIBs Awards for Social Media.

Related Posts

16 Discussion to this post

1. Margaret GALLAGHER says:

I’ve heard do much about this beauty
    Hopefully I’ll get to see it soon

2. Jennifer lees says:

Looks amazing, I’ve always wanted to go and see them but have never had the chance x
    Jennifer lees recently posted…Review: Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square Amsterdam #Travel #TTOTMy Profile

3. Jon says:

Wow! Looks like you had a fantastic night out, I’ll have to check this out next time it comes to the arena in Leeds!

4. Michelle Ptak says:

I went last night and it is the third time we have seen Cirque Du Soleil, never fails to impress … I can highly recommend it, I would go every year given the chance as it has a different theme and new acts. Sheer Brilliance.

5. This looks amazing! We keep meaning to go and watch this but have never got round to it! One day..!! xx
    five little doves recently posted…How to make a simple Easter wreathMy Profile

6. A S,Edinburgh says:

It does look and sound incredible, a perfect mixture of tones. I’m sure it’s fabulous entertainment!

7. Veronica Lee says:

It certainly does sound awesome! I would jump at the chance!
    Veronica Lee recently posted…The Last Kite MakerMy Profile

8. Bev says:

Looks amazing I’ve been meaning to see one for a while!

9. Kara says:

I love Cirque Soleil and always look forward to when they visit locally
    Kara recently posted…Silent Sunday – 12th March 2017My Profile

10. Susan Hall says:

Looks amazing. Would love to see this. Much better than the old style circus’

11. Samantha O'D says:

looks amazing, i have always wanted to see this

12. Ann Nesbitt says:

Would be thrilled to see this it looks fabulous!

13. Looks a lovely show. Everyone I know who’s seen the Cirque du Soleil has said how entertaining they are.

14. Kerry norris says:

I’ve always wanted to go and see one of their shows. This one looks great x

15. Lindsey says:

I love Cirque Du Soleil all their shows are magnificent.
    Lindsey recently posted…Spring Wellie BootsMy Profile

16. So glad that you got to go and see it and enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it when it was in Newcastle a few weeks ago too xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Other Bloggers Family Lives Featuring Mum’s The NerdMy Profile