Sightseeing In London With Hilton London Canary Wharf

My husband and I have been talking about where to stay in London with the kids for a while now.  We want to take them both on a sightseeing tour  as we know they will both enjoying seeing the what the city has to offer.  Princess loves to visit London, but we always have an event to attend and very limited time actually exploring.  We have been looking for a hotel close to the popular tourist attractions that the kids will enjoy staying in, and will be comfortable for us parents too.

Family Rooms at Hilton London Canary Wharf

We found the Hilton London Canary Wharf and it sounds perfect for the family weekend we have in mind.  If you book a family room at the Hilton London Canary Wharf all this is included:

• Kids 10 years and under will enjoy free meals and drinks during the stay
  • Complimentary WiFi access for the family
  • Access to children’s TV channels
  • An on demand movie voucher and complimentary popcorn delivered to your room
  • Complimentary cots and highchairs are available on request

When you are planning a busy weekend break with children, having a family friendly hotel that provides these additional benefits is crucial.  After a busy day exploring London, we will need time to relax together in comfort.  The family rooms are a great size at the Hilton and provide everyone with the space and facilities they need.  The children’s menu is great as well, with some perfect child friendly choices including pizzas, lasagne, hot chocolate pudding and ice cream.

Perfect For Access To London’s Famous Attractions

Canary Wharf provides perfect access to the attractions that we are all keen to see as a family.  My daughters are already planning their London itinerary, and the first thing that was mentioned was lots of trips on the London Underground.  Kids love transport don’t they! These are the places we will be travelling too within easy reach of Hilton London Canary Wharf:

Buckingham Palace

Going to Buckingham Palace is at the top of the list.  I don’t think I have been since I was a child, so being able to share it with my daughters will be incredibly special.  Buckingham Palace has regular family events, and summer opening for tourists.

Tower of London

Continuing the theme of visiting historic Royal Palaces, the Tower of London would be next on our list.  Seeing the Crown Jewels first hand will be mind blowing for my little princesses, and they will love the activity trails and multimedia guides when it comes to learning all about their history.

Tower Bridge

Another favourite of my children’s is bridges, and what better than a visit to London’s iconic Tower Bridge to inspire their imaginations.  We we all love exploring the Victorian engine rooms and I’ll be interested to see who is brave enough to walk across the glass floor.

The Cutty Sark

A trip to Greenwich to step on board the Cutty Sark and enjoy the many interactive activities the visitor’s centre has to offer will make for some great family memories for this trip.

Mudchute Farm

Just when a bit of contrast is needed for our weekend break to London, the children will be able to relax and explore in London’s largest city farm, just a stones throw away from the Hilton London Canary Wharf.  What’s even better about the attraction, is it’s completely free!

Staying in London Without Children

Hilton London Canary Wharf is a great place to stay in London if you want to enjoy a child free weekend too. Not only do you have these great attractions within easy reach but you also have excellent shopping and restaurants on your doorstep.  Weekend breaks are available throughout Easter £144 per room per night, including breakfast, for double occupancy.  Is it time you booked your city break yet?

Zena Goldman

Zena Goldman is a UK based travel, family & lifestyle blogger who left her 9-5 job behind in the not-for-profit sector to follow her creative dreams and enjoy a more flexible family life. She began writing Zena’s Suitcase in 2011 and shares the holidays and adventures she goes on with (and without) her 2 young daughters. She wishes her son would join them more often but he’s carving out his own dreams now and enjoying university life. Since beginning Zena’s Suitcase she has worked with a number of brands and also has a regular monthly feature in the ASDA Good Living Magazine feature, ‘Ask The Expert’ where she shares helpful parenting tips. In 2018 she was also a finalist in the prestigious BIBs Awards for Social Media.

Related Posts

17 Discussion to this post

1. Anu says:

Hi
    I am new in here… I found your blog when I was looking for family vacation ideas. Your blog is really practical and I like that very much. Regarding the recent post, is there any other place to stay in Canary Wharf other than Hilton…a bit cheaper than it? I am a foreigner who lives in U.K…I always find it difficult to find proper family accommodation. so could you please point me in the right direction how to look for it
    Thanks

2. Helen says:

I’m usually more of a countryside girl, but every now and again a trip to the city is nice. There’s so much to see and do!

Helen x
    Helen recently posted…ICELAND DAY THREE: Reykjavik, Harpa Concert Hall and Hallgrimskirkja ChurchMy Profile

3. Paighton Millington - The Lazy Mamma says:

Ahh. I love London so much. It’s definitely about time I booked my break. There’s so much to see!

4. I LOVE a trip to London, we went last year for Lewis’s birthday and are hoping to go back this year at Easter. So much to see, I don’t think we even saw half of it in a weekend!
    five little doves recently posted…Johnson’s Bedtime Baby Sleep AppMy Profile

5. Jen says:

I would love to have a mini break in London, it has been far too long since I had a wander in the city.
    Hilton Canary Wharf looks fab, and seems really good value. I like the deal with children under ten, always very welcome. Also a great location, with ease to get about.

6. Canary Wharf is lovely, I like your little bucket list. The Tower of London is somewhere I have been meaning to go for a while x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…February Degustabox: Take TwoMy Profile

7. Natalia says:

I love the places you pointed to visit in London, such a nice city. I’d love to visit again soon x

8. Sophie says:

I live very close to London so don’t need to book hotels, but this looks great for friends!

9. Alina says:

A very good guide. Luckily I’ve been to those as lived in and around LOndon most of my life so can say that they’re all worth doing/seeing 🙂
    Alina recently posted…Interior Design Course: 5 Great DesignersMy Profile

10. Kara says:

It looks like a lovely hotel to stay in. I love exploring London
    Kara recently posted…Introducing Cubetto from Primo ToysMy Profile

11. We love London. We use to go quite often before we had a dog. We don’t like to leave her for long now so rarely go. You pictures have made me want to go again soon :):)
    clairejustine recently posted…How To Make Strawberry Wholegrain Chia Pudding With Orange Roasted Strawberries..My Profile

12. I have stayed in this hotel a few times now. Love it so much.
    Fashion and Style Police recently posted…World Glaucoma WeekMy Profile

13. A S,Edinburgh says:

Some brilliant ideas; I’d love to see the Tower of London! I’ve never stayed in a Hilton, it’s great to know it’s so versatile and the interior looks lovely.

14. Sarah Flint says:

I enjoy sightseeing in London and have seen the Tower and Palace before.

15. Ah some great sightseeing tips! You’re making me want a trip down – it’s been AGES since I was in London. I absolutely love Greenwich, and could spend all day there – mooching round the market and sitting out by the Cutty Sark. Also, who doesn’t love a trip on the DLR? It’s like a poor man’s rollercoaster. I love it!

16. Veronica Lee says:

I enjoyed our last visit to London and have visited all the places you’ve mentioned except for the last two. And oh, I loved the parks too. Sharing with you my visit to Buckingham Palace – I hope I got my facts right!!!
    Veronica Lee recently posted…The Last Kite MakerMy Profile

17. Jeremy Andrews says:

When I stayed here I went to the subway around the corner. I also noticed some other nice places to eat around canary wharf itself. Such a great location for a hotel.